Virtual Finals Events
College Library has a long tradition of sponsoring a variety of activities to help relieve finals stress. In addition to providing coloring pages and puzzles, button-making stations, video gaming, and white board prompts, the library has often partnered with other campus units to host even more events. These include the Writing Center’s Midnight Madness, the Wisconsin Union’s free coffee from Open Book, GUTS Study Day (complete with bagels & doughnuts), and healthy snacks from University Health Services. One of our favorite partners is Dogs on Call, who usually bring over a dozen canine therapists to the library for some much-appreciated stress relief.
This semester we’re hoping to recreate as many of our finals events as we can in a virtual environment. The Libraries reached out to the folks at Dogs on Call, many of who provided photos and videos of their pups to populate our social media feeds. Look for more images of Morgan, Maggie, and Molly (pictured above) – and that’s just the M’s! Follow the hashtag #SitStayStudy to get your daily dose of puppy love.
- Coloring pages produced by local Madison artists as part of the UW’s “Do Your Part” initiative
- #SaferatHome coloring pages from the Wisconsin Union
- Museum coloring books from the Dept. of Art History
- Well-Being Toolkit from the Center for Healthy Minds
- Remote Health resources from UHS
- Advice from UW Recreation and Wellbeing
- UHS guided relaxation podcasts on Spotify
- Origami instructions
- Magic 8 Ball
For more information on how the UW-Madison Libraries can support their patrons during finals from afar, please see the news page.