Free Flu Shots at College Library
University Health Services (UHS) is offering free flu shots to all students this semester and one of their satellite clinics will take place at College Library on Monday, October 21, from 5 to 9 p.m. Students can significantly reduce their chance of contracting the flu by getting vaccinated.
Students may also drop in to UHS for flu shots.
- Flu shots are free for all students.
- Getting a flu shot lessens the chances of missing class due to illness.
- Students with chronic health conditions—such as asthma, diabetes, or immune disorders—are at additional risk and are strongly encouraged to get a flu shot.
- Flu shots help reduce the transmission of the virus if more people are immunized; the flu won’t spread as fast in a highly immunized population.
- Seasonal flu outbreaks happen as early as October. It’s best to get vaccinated early. It takes about two weeks after vaccination for antibodies to develop in the body and provide protection against the flu.
- Vaccination needs to be done annually.
The clinic at College Library will take place in Open Book, Room 1250.