Summer Advising at College Library
Starting Friday, June 7, the advising component of SOAR returns to College Library. Library staff anticipate over 6,000 newly-enrolled Badgers finding their way to 600 North Park Street in the coming weeks.
Room assignments for advising include:
- College of Agricultural & Life Sciences – Room 1193
- College of Engineering – Room 3191S
- College of Letters & Science – Room 3191N
- College of Letters & Science Honors Program – Room 3255
- Cross College Advising Service –Room 3250
- School of Business – Room 1250
- School of Education – Room 2191
- School of Human Ecology – Room 2258
- School of Nursing – Room 2252
- School of Pharmacy – Room 2257
- SOAR Consultants – 3rd Floor Center
In addition to the restroom remodeling project, several rooms are closed to the general public when advising is in session, including 1193, 3191, and the occasional study room, although these spaces are available to visitors after 5 pm. SOAR advising is not scheduled every day of the summer session, so patrons should be attentive to signs alerting visitors to room use.
College Library staff are delighted to continue the award-winning partnership with the Division of Student Life, Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration (SOAR) to introduce first-year and transfer students to the library on campus that is dedicated to serving their information needs, while providing one of the best views on campus. For more information on how this partnership came to be, please see the announcement from January 2017.