College’s Kaedan O’Brien Honored
College Library is pleased to note that Kaedan O’Brien, a student assistant in our Reserves/Circulation department, was one of four recipients of the General Library System’s Library Staff Service Awards this year. A ceremony honoring the award winners was held on Thursday, December 15, at the Gordon Dining and Event Center.
This year’s recipients of the Library Staff Service Awards included:
Academic Staff: Cat Phan- UW Digital Collection Center
University Staff: Karen LaMere – Business Services
Abigail Cahill – Info Desk Student, Memorial Public Services
Erin Doherty – Communications Assistant
Kaedan O’Brien – Lead Worker Reserves/Circulation, College Library
Each of these employes was celebrated for their:
- Exemplary working relationships with library colleagues and/or library clients
- Contributions to establishing a welcoming learning and research environment
- High-productivity coupled with teamwork, leadership, and/or cooperation
- Creativity, initiative, and independence that positively influences library services
- Achievements and work products that significantly benefit library services
One of Kaedan’s nominators expressed best what makes him so deserving of this award. She noted, “While at the desk, Kaedan has a great balance of excellence public service behavior and being his authentic self. This blend allows his fantastic service to come across as he means it, truly genuine and kind. As a result, Kaedan is able to relate to patrons, other student staff, and permanent staff in a consistently friendly and helpful way. It’s so refreshing.” We congratulate him on this well-deserved honor.