The UW-Madison Libraries are celebrating March Madness with their own special contest. 64 books in a variety of genres go head-to-head in several rounds of voting until 1 title is chosen to “rule them all.” Last year, Lord of the Rings claimed bragging rights. This year fan favorites such as Game of Thrones and Harry Potter are contenders.
You get a chance to predict!
Students, campus staff including faculty, library staff, and community members can fill out and submit brackets ahead of time. Winners with the bracket that most closely guesses the outcomes of the book match-ups will win a gift card to the University Bookstore.
Once you’ve made your predictions, drop off brackets at the following participating libraries: College, Ebling, Geology, Memorial, Physics, Steenbock, Water, and Wendt. Visit the UW Book Madness website to read about each book so you can make educated guesses.
Brackets must be turned in by March 18th. Voting will begin on March 20th.
This Year’s Fun Categories
- Books in Movies vs. Books on TV
- Glass Half-Full vs. Glass Half-Empty
- Required Readings vs. Guilty Pleasures
- Stars ‘n Stripes (U.S. Award Winners) vs. Union Jack (UK Award Winners)
Rules for Play
- Deadline to submit your bracket is 11:59 pm on March 18th, 2014.
- Printed brackets should be filled out and submitted to a participating library.
- No electronic submissions will be accepted.
- One submission per person.
- Voting will begin March 20th.