UW-Madison is nationally known for its social media presence, with hundreds of accounts stretching across platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Foursquare. It also has historic buildings, a 935-acre campus and countless resources for first-year students and upperclassmen. Combine these elements and you’ve got #FindUW, a social media scavenger hunt coming up Friday, September 6, from 1-5pm.
The event also provides an introduction to campus social media, which has become a key information source for students and a way to engage with university departments and units. And, it’s easy to play!
All you have to do is:
- Follow @UWMadison, @UWNewStudent, and @UWVIP on Twitter and watch for the hashtag #FindUW.
- Grab a team, or just yourself, and a smart phone and head to Union South starting at 1 pm. Look for the big #FindUW sign. Use that clue to follow the next one.
- Every time you find a location, tweet us a picture with the hashtag #FindUW.
- For every picture your team tweets, you and your teammates will be entered into a prize drawing. The more locations you find throughout the contest, the better your chances of winning.
- Watch #FindUW to look for bonus clues all over campus to win additional prizes. Have fun, explore campus, get info, and win prizes. It’s a win-win-win-win.
The event is being coordinated by the Center for the First-Year Experience and Visitor & Information Programs along with University Housing, #UWSocial, and University Communications and Marketing. For more information, see the #FindUW Web page.
* The winning player or team may reserve the study table of their choice for four consecutive hours a week for the entire fall semester.