How to Request Books, CDs, Videos, Microfilm/fiche
Follow these steps to have a book or media item delivered to the campus library of your choice and receive an email notification when it’s ready for pickup. Some restrictions may apply.
To request a UW-Madison or UW System item
Find the item in the Library Catalog and display its record.
- Click on Place a Request. (More information)
- Using the dropdown menu, choose a library where you wish to pick up the item.
- Click on Submit.
Didn’t find it in the Library Catalog? Then try to request it from another library.
- Search for the item in Uborrow. (More information)
- Click on Request. If you haven’t logged in to the Interlibrary Loan system, do so now.
- Fill in any additional fields as needed and submit the request.
Still didn’t find it? Then either search WorldCat, or fill out an Interlibrary Loan form.
- To avoid typing in information about your book, search it in WorldCat and click on Request a Copy. If you haven’t logged in, enter your NetID or 11-digit ID number and last name.
- Or, login to your Interlibrary Loan account and select Request a Book or Other Loan and fill in the appropriate fields.
Questions? Ask a Librarian for assistance.
|Typical delivery if the item is:
|Owned by UW System
|Owned by BTAA Libraries (Uborrow)