- Friday, April 10, 2015Workshop: Designing and Printing Posters with PowerPoint12:00 pm-1:00 pmWhether you need it for a class or a conference, this workshop will walk you through the basics designing a poster with Microsoft PowerPoint. We will cover basic options, settings and techniques for this easy-to-use program, as well as preparing your design for printing.
- Wednesday, April 15, 2015Free Education Apps for iPad6:00 pm-7:00 pmLearn about a variety of free educational apps for iPad for students, teachers, and general classroom use.
- Thursday, April 16, 2015Concept Map Tools to Support Teaching and Learning11:00 am-12:30 pmJoin us in this interactive session as we explore Concept Maps and Mind Maps and tools to support teaching and learning. Examples for the classroom include - sharing a visual view of a narrative or research topic; creating a visual story outline; inviting students to create a Concept Map as a tool to organize ideas. We will dive in and explore CMap, a free Concept Map tool available for download.
- Friday, April 17, 2015Intro to Foundation Grants for Non-Profit Organizations: Part 1: Grantseeking basics1:00 pm-2:30 pmSessions will include an orientation to the Collection, background on the world of grantmaking, information on how to build a credible nonprofit organization, as well as general grantseeking tips. This workshop is suitable for staff and volunteers of nonprofit organizations. Printed materials will be available; online versions are available below.
- Friday, April 17, 2015Intro to Foundation Grants for Non-Profit Organizations : Part 2: Finding Funders2:45 pm-4:00 pmGain hands-on experience using the Foundation Center’s flagship database, the Foundation Directory Online. There will also be hands-on training on 1-3 other databases, including Foundations in Wisconsin and COS Pivot. Those new to grants research should consider taking the session with Part I. Printed materials will be available; online versions are available below.
- Wednesday, April 22, 2015Funding: A Grants Overview3268 Ebling Library12:00 pm-1:00 pmParticipants search for government and private funding opportunities for health sciences and medical research using a variety of databases; set up accounts; and use resources to track funding outcomes.
See more events