- Thursday, September 3, 2015
- Thursday, September 3, 2015College Library Tour1:00 pm-1:45 pm
- Tuesday, September 8, 2015
- Tuesday, September 8, 2015Grants for Your Education2:00 pmFor current and future students of any institute of higher education interested in researching potential scholarships, fellowships, and grants for one’s education. Focus is on how to identify funding sources beyond those that are available through most offices of financial aid. Printed materials will be available; online versions are here: http://researchguides.library.wisc.edu/grantsundergraduates/education_workshop May also view online instead of in person.
- Tuesday, September 8, 2015Managing Citations: An Overview of Citation Managers4:00 pm-5:00 pmThis workshop provides an overview of four citation managers supported by campus libraries (EndNote, EndNote Web, Mendeley, and Zotero) and helps you decide which one is right for you based on your individual research needs. Please register at: http://bit.ly/1NaatSD
- Wednesday, September 9, 2015
- Wednesday, September 9, 2015UW–Madison Libraries: What You Really Need to Know4:00 pm-5:00 pmNew to the UW-Madison community? Transferring from another college or university? This workshop provides an introduction to the many things the UW-Madison Libraries offer: the library catalog, journal databases, conveniences such as book retrieval and your online library account, and ways to get help finding and using campus library resources. There will be time for your questions.
- Thursday, September 10, 2015
- Thursday, September 10, 2015Finding Funding for your Graduate Education3:00 pm-4:00 pmWe will provide an overview of the external funding application process, including preparation tips for grant seekers, types of grants that may be available, and how to have your external fellowship pay for your tuition. This workshop is taught by the Grants Librarian and the Office of Fellowship and Funding Resources. There will be follow-up sessions to gain hands-on experience using funding databases.
- Thursday, September 10, 2015Helen C. House Party8:00 pm-11:00 pmGet ready to experience a library like never before! The 7th Annual Helen C. House Party in College Library is set for Thursday, September 10 from 8-11 p.m. Check out College Library while enjoying lots of free food, balloon art, human foosball, carnival games, video games, arts & crafts & hacks, live entertainment, a retro photobooth, and much more!
- Monday, September 14, 2015
- Monday, September 14, 2015UW–Madison Libraries: What You Really Need to Know4:00 pm-5:00 pm
- Tuesday, September 15, 2015
- Tuesday, September 15, 2015Researching Literature in the Social Sciences4:00 pm-5:30 pmAre you working on a research project, proposal, dissertation, or publication? Learn strategies for conducting a literature search in the social sciences and get introduced to core databases that will help you more thoroughly and efficiently mine the academic literatures. Registration at http://bit.ly/1WiLJf4.
- Wednesday, September 16, 2015
- Wednesday, September 16, 2015Finding External Funding: Hands-On Session11:00 am-12:30 pmWe will demonstrate the benefits of using licensed search engines, as well as other advanced techniques to customize your search for funding. Please note: this workshop will take place in a PC lab, and will focus on getting hands-on experience with these funding databases. Attendance at the introduction session is strongly encouraged. (Note, this workshop is held twice to allow for space in the computer lab, it is not necessary to attend both sessions).
- Wednesday, September 16, 2015Advanced PubMed3268 Ebling Library12:00 pm-1:00 pmPubMed has many tools that most researchers seldom use. Learn about some of these hidden features that can help you search more efficiently, such as the MeSH database, topic-specific search filters, the Journals database, and saving searches in My NCBI.
See more events