- Tuesday, October 21, 2014
- Tuesday, October 21, 2014Grants Information Center Celebrates 30 Years5:30 pm-7:30 pmJoin the celebration! Grants Information Center (GIC) Librarian Ellen Jacks, previous GIC librarians, and nonprofit expert Boris Frank will talk about the Center, their roles, and partnerships. Light refreshments to follow.
- Tuesday, October 21, 2014Dogs on Call Visit6:30 pm-8:00 pmCome pet one of the adorable dogs from Dogs on Call, an organization devoted to improving human health through the existing bond between people and companion animals. These companion animals are specially-trained to gently-interact with their human counterparts in any number of environments including schools, hospitals, libraries and special-care facilities.
- Wednesday, October 22, 2014
- Wednesday, October 22, 2014Noon TechTalk: Google Drive12:30 pm-1:00 pmGet organized for collaborative writing: join Steenbock librarians for a half-hour power introduction to and hands-on practice session with free cloud service Google Drive--focusing on its web-based office suite, Google Docs.
- Wednesday, October 22, 2014Managing Your Citations with Zotero4:00 pm-5:00 pmZotero is an open source citation manager and academic social networking tool. This workshop covers the basic features of using Zotero such as collecting references and files from online databases, sharing references, and formatting citations and bibliographies. (Graduate Support Series workshop; please register at: http://bit.ly/1oDKzLs)
- Thursday, October 23, 2014
- Thursday, October 23, 2014Funding: A Grants Overview3268 Ebling Library12:00 pm-1:00 pmParticipants search for government and private funding opportunities for health sciences and medical research using a variety of databases; set up accounts; use resources to track funding outcomes.
- Tuesday, October 28, 2014
- Tuesday, October 28, 2014Noon TechTalk: Evernote12:30 pm-1:00 pmNeed to organize your notes and online research? Evernote--a free online note taking & web clipping tool--can help! Learn more in this half-hour power introduction and hands-on practice session.
- Wednesday, October 29, 2014
- Wednesday, October 29, 2014Citation Manager: EndNote Desktop3268 Ebling Library12:00 pm-1:00 pmEndNote, a citation management database, is designed to help you import (from journal databases, etc.) collect, organize, and save bibliographic citations/references, and to insert citations directly into research papers using any one of hundreds of style formats. We will demo some of EndNote Web's features too.
- Thursday, October 30, 2014
- Thursday, October 30, 2014UW-Madison Scholarly Publishing SymposiumPyle Center, 702 Langdon Street8:00 amThe scholarly publishing symposium will create a space for a campus-wide conversation about today’s publishing landscape, in particular the way in which graduate students and early career faculty approach publishing decisions. Attendees will experience a broad spectrum of topics and perspectives. More details, including agenda, presenters, and panelists, are available at: http://www.library.wisc.edu/news/scholarly-publishing-symposium-2014/
- Wednesday, November 5, 2014
- Wednesday, November 5, 2014Introduction to Oral History12:00 pm-1:00 pmTroy Reeves, Head of the UW-Madison's Oral History Program, will discuss the key points of the art and science of oral history, such as interviewing, transcribing, and presenting the interviews for public consumption. Plus, he'll talk about the current use (or mis-use) of the term, oral history in popular culture. (Graduate Support Series workshop; please register at: http://bit.ly/1vyxfNh)
- Wednesday, November 5, 2014Funding: A Grants Overview3268 Ebling Library12:00 pm-1:00 pm
See more events