- Tuesday, March 10, 2015
- Tuesday, March 10, 2015MERIT Library Workshop11:00 am-12:30 pmExplore resource rich learning spaces both in and out of schools, and support for community partnerships. Contributors include UW Madison faculty conducting research and teaching in Makerspaces, and Madison leaders of community-based learning programs. Participants can expect to come away with lessons learned about what Make Culture teaches us about informal learning, community building, and the underlying bridge across disciplines including education, the arts, sciences, and service learning.
- Tuesday, March 10, 2015Researching and Writing Literature Reviews in the Sciences12:00 pm-1:30 pmIf you need to write a review that brings together many different research publications, this workshop is for you! Join the Writing Center and Steenbock Library/Wendt Commons as we discuss strategies for focusing your topic, searching for papers and publications, reading critically, developing themes and organizing your material.(Graduate Support Series workshop; please register at:http://bit.ly/1wQp5tX )
- Wednesday, March 11, 2015
- Wednesday, March 11, 2015Noon TechTalks: Leveraging iCloud12:00 pm-12:30 pmExplore the Apple iCloud ecosystem to learn about creating, organizing, and managing research information and synchronizing data across electronic devices.
- Wednesday, March 11, 2015Citation Manager: Zotero3268 Ebling Library12:00 pm-1:00 pmZotero, a citation manager, collects all your research in a single, searchable interface. You can add references, PDFs, images, audio and video files, snapshots of web pages, and really anything else. It lives right where you do your work - in the web browser itself.
- Wednesday, March 11, 2015MERIT Library Workshop6:00 pm-7:00 pmThis workshop is designed to introduce and generate new ideas for using primary sources in teaching social studies, history, or any other subject! We will explore places for finding free, primary sources online or in person and great ways to fit them into your lesson plans and curriculum.
- Tuesday, March 17, 2015
- Tuesday, March 17, 2015Citation Manager: EndNote Desktop (X7)3268 Ebling Library12:00 pm-1:00 pmEndNote, a citation management database, is designed to help you import (from journal databases, etc.) collect, organize, and save bibliographic citations/references, and to insert citations directly into research papers using any one of hundreds of style formats. We will demo some of EndNote Web's features too.
- Wednesday, March 18, 2015
- Wednesday, March 18, 2015Managing Your Citations with Zotero4:00 pm-5:00 pmZotero is an open source citation manager and academic social networking tool. This workshop covers the basic features of using Zotero such as collecting references and files from online databases, sharing references, and formatting citations and bibliographies.(Graduate Support Series workshop; please register at:http://bit.ly/1wdNMRO )
- Thursday, March 19, 2015
- Thursday, March 19, 2015MERIT Library Workshop12:00 pm-1:00 pmLearn the basics of using interactive whiteboards to create instructional content. Attendees will learn how to create engaging, interactive lessons, and where to find existing lessons that can be used and adapted by anyone.
- Friday, March 20, 2015
- Friday, March 20, 2015MERIT Library Workshop12:00 pm-1:00 pmFrom advertisers and merchants to identity thieves and the NSA - everyone is watching you. In this workshop we will discuss digital surveillance and ways to protect your privacy and leverage your personal information. You will learn to shield your text messages, email, and web browsing from prying eyes. We will also cover social media, the benefits of openness, and when it’s a good idea to share your personal information.
- Wednesday, April 8, 2015
- Wednesday, April 8, 2015Citation Manager: EndNote Basic (web version)3268 Ebling Library12:00 pm-1:00 pmEndNote Basic is a web-based citation manager free to all UW-Madison staff and students! EndNote Basic can be used as a stand-alone citation manager OR in conjunction with EndNote Desktop. In this workshop learn how to collect and share your references and create a bibliography in your manuscript.
See more events