Students: Find Your Reserves
- Print reserve readings can generally be checked out at the Circulation Desk for two hours.
- If you have any questions, please contact the library. We are happy to help. Please send questions or comments to Tom Durkin or call 262-7340.
Faculty and Instructors: Guidelines for Submitting Reserves
The Social Science Reference Library provides print reserves services for faculty, instructors, TAs, and other instructional staff who teach classes in the Social Science Building.
Print Reserves: Books
- Library Books: please submit a list of library-owned books to the librarian via email. The library will request the books from the campus libraries that own the books, and place them on reserve at the Social Science Library. (NOTE: In a few cases, some campus libraries will not lend their books for reserves. Those books must be placed on reserve only at the library of origin. The librarian will notify you if that is the case for your reserves book request.)
- Instructor’s and Departmental Books: please drop off personal copies of books at the Circulation Desk and fill out a green “Reserves Form.” (NOTE: all reserves are kept safely behind the circulation desk).
- Books can be given a 2 hour or 3 day reserve loan period.
Contact Tom Durkin or call 262-7340 if you need more information regarding reserves services.