Mario Livio, an astrophysicist at the Hubble Space Telescope Institute, was interviewed by Krista Tippett on her blog, On Being. He talks about mathematics and the language of science.
If you enjoy the blog post we have several popular physics books by Livio, including:
- The accelerating universe : infinite expansion, the cosmological constant, and the beauty of the cosmos (2000)
- The golden ratio : the story of phi, the world’s most astonishing number (2002)
- The equation that couldn’t be solved : how mathematical genius discovered the language of symmetry (2005)
- Is God a mathematician? (2009)
- Brilliant blunders : from Darwin to Einstein – colossal mistakes by great scientists that changed our understanding of life and the universe (2013)