SciFinder is the most comprehensive chemical information discovery tool of chemical information. It is used to access information in selected Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) databases: CAPlus, CARegistry, CAREACTS, CHEMCATS, and CHEMLISTS, plus the NIH database Medline.
SciFinder requires an individual username and password. Only one login ID per user is allowed.
One-time Registration (Required)
- Go to SciFinder Registration.
- Click the Users must register and obtain a personal login and password link.
- Click NEXT.
- Enter your last/first name and email address (UW-Madison email address is required)
- Create your user name/password
- Set your security question/answer.
- Click REGISTER.
- CAS will send an e-mail message to you with instructions for completing the registration process.
- To complete the registration process, click the link within the e-mail from CAS. The link will expire after 48 hours.