Memorial Library has a number of language specialists that can assist with the translation of catalog records in multiple languages. Please ask at the Reference desk on the 2nd Floor for assistance with these questions.
Examples of other translation needs might include:
- Translation as part of an assignment. (Tutoring).
- Translation of entire texts (e.g. articles, chapters, letters) from one language to another.
- Someone to serve as translator/interpreter between two entities (at hospitals, clinics, schools, conferences, social events, in court, class, lectures, other aspects of personal life)
UW-Madison language departments (fees may apply):
- French list of translators and tutors.
- Italian list of translators and tutors.
- Spanish and Portuguese list of translators and tutors.
- German list of translators and transcribers.
Additional translation resources:
- The campus provides translation services via the Office of Cultural Linguistic Services. They primarily provide services to the university for business/academic/outreach purposes. They have translation services for the following languages: Spanish, Italian, French, Hmong, and Lao.
- Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development
- Language Line Services All Job Centers have a Language Line. This service is available for oral interpretations, and can be used as a short-term solution; i.e., initial contacts or in an emergency.
- Personal Interpreter This is an oral interpreter service that allows for real time three-way conference call whether receiving or placing a call.
- International Institute of Wisconsin 1110 N. Old World 3rd St, Suite 420, Milwaukee, WI 53203 P: 1-414-225-6220: This is an oral interpreter service that allows for a three-way conference call whether receiving or placing a call.