Call For Nominations: 2019-2020 UW-Madison Outstanding Women of Color Awards
DUE DATE – Friday, September 20, 2019
The UW-Madison Outstanding Women of Color Awards honor women of color among UW–Madison faculty, staff, students or in the greater Madison community who have made notable contributions in one or more of the following areas:
- social justice, activism and advocacy on behalf of disadvantaged, marginalized populations;
- community service;
- scholarly research, writing, speaking and/or teaching on race, ethnicity and Indigeneity in U.S. society; and
- community building on- or off-campus, to create an inclusive and respectful environment for all.
Nominations must include the following:
- A letter of nomination (2-3 pages)
- Two additional letters of support from the nominee’s colleagues (student, staff, faculty and/or community member) (2-3 pages each)
- The nominee’s updated curriculum vitae
- A recent high-resolution photo of the nominee, if available.
Please submit the online nomination form and upload materials at go.wisc.edu/owoc by Friday, September 20, 2019.
If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
A selection committee comprised of students, faculty and staff will review nominations for the awards.
UW–Madison’s Outstanding Women of Color for 2019-20 will be announced at the annual Diversity Forum on Tuesday, Nov. 5, 2019. A campus-wide reception in their honor will be held in the spring semester on Thursday, March 5, 2020, in the Pyle Center, 702 Langdon St., hosted by the Office of the Deputy Vice Chancellor for Diversity & Inclusion and Chief Diversity Officer.
To see past recipients of the award, please click here.