The Office of the Gender and Women’s Studies Librarian is hiring for one student work position. Read below for details. We would love to work with you!
Student Position Description
Position Title: Student Office Assistant
Pay: $10/hr (incremental increases available based on performance/longevity)
Hours: 10-15 hrs/week; must be able to work between 8am and 5pm, Monday-Friday
Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: Memorial Library, 430
About Our Office: The Office of the UW System Gender and Women’s Studies (GWS) Librarian is one of the premier resources for support of gender, women’s studies, and LGBT studies scholarship and librarianship.
The Libraries at the University of Wisconsin-Madison are dedicated to the practices of social justice, diversity, equality, and respect among our staff, students, collections, and services. We strive to overcome historical and divisive biases in our society and embrace diverse points of view as assets to the fabric of our community. All positions will be called on to contribute to building this environment.
Position Summary: This position’s primary responsibility is to support the staff of the Office of the Gender and Women’s Studies Librarian through various assigned administrative duties and specific attention to three resources: Feminist Periodicals (a table of contents repository), Sylvia (a new citation database of academic books), and Dorothy (a film database).
This position will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Scan covers and tables of contents from periodicals
- Enter journal titles/volumes into website
- Manage office social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, and Twitter
- Search for web materials and check links
- Gather links and book cover images for the Sylvia database
- Gather and check links for the Dorothy film database
- Assist in formatting material for the Sylvia and Dorothy databases
- Handle and route office mail
- Other duties as assigned
- Proficiency with online searching
- Attention to detail
- Tolerance for repetitive tasks
- Ability to work independently
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to: Lachrista Greco at firstname.lastname@example.org