Accessing Course Reserves
- Log in to My UW. (If you haven’t used the portal yet, you will need to create a NetID.)
- Select the Academics tab.
- Look under Teaching Resources to locate the desired course.
- Click Library/Reserves to access your library course materials. If this link does not appear please contact us.
For more information please go to https://www.library.wisc.edu/services/course-reserves-materials/
Putting Materials on Reserve
- We need as much lead time as possible. For example, we may need to recall or purchase books for your course or we may need to send the materials for scanning. You may send us information or files via email.
- Please do not leave reserve materials with a student assistant at the front desk unless they are clearly labelled.
- Electronic copies of reserves are generally available within 24 hours of receipt. If you are in a hurry to have items placed on reserve, please let us know! We can expedite processing.
- Information about reserves and copyright is available in UW-Madison Libraries Policy for Electronic Reserve Access to Copyright-Protected Materials.
- Books — Send your reserve lists to us via email or bring them to the Astronomy Library.
- Exams, Homework Sets, Lecture Notes
- We can hold reserve files ahead of time and release them according to a schedule.
- Paper copies — Bring a paper copy of each item. Use a one-inch margin all around the page. Blue or black pen is best. Pencil is difficult to read when scanned.
- Electronic copies — Send your electronic copies of reserve materials as attachments to us. Electronic files are generally available within 24 hours.