You may drop-off or pick-up your order anytime during open library hours.
Steenbock Library provides UW-Madison students, faculty, and staff access to a wide-format poster printer. (Poster printing is also available at College Library if that location is more convenient.)
- The maximum length of one edge is 43 inches. The other edge can be up to 100 feet.
Paper & Ink
- Only 10 millimeter (mil), 260 gram satin paper is available.
- Canon’s LUCIA pigment inks combine the glossiness of dye ink with the vivid colors and weather resistance of pigment ink.
Placing your order
Orders MUST be placed in-person.
- You must be physically present and approve the poster before we can print it. Orders by phone or email will not be accepted.
Review your poster carefully
- To avoid costly mistakes we strongly encourage you to view your poster at 100% resolution on one of our computers prior to submitting it for printing to ensure that all formatting has been maintained.
- TIFF only. You may use our lab resources to convert your file if needed.
- Please name your file using the following convention:
- You can bring the file on a flash drive, or log on to one of our computers and place it in our public storage drive. For more information, see our poster printing handout or call us at 262-1371.
Picking up your order
Turn around time
- Once your order is submitted, typical turn around time is 3 hours, but can sometimes be up to two days during especially busy times throughout the semester. We recommend you plan accordingly.
- Come to the service desk and ask for your poster. Payment occurs at the time of pick up.
Cutting to size
- A cutting table is available to trim your poster. Library staff will not trim your poster.
Pricing and Payment
- Price: $4.00 per square foot (sq/ft) (with a minimum price of $4).
- Accepted payments:
- Wiscard (Print account or Campus Cash)
- Personal Credit Card (Visa or Mastercard only). Card must be presented at time of payment.
- Departmental Wiscards
- Departmental funding strings
- Department contact information is required
- Departmental credit cards (p-cards) are not accepted for payment.
- If a department would like to fund a large number of posters for one-time engagements, as for a class project, they may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.