Steenbock Library is delighted to announce the opening of the BioCommons learning space. This comfortable and inviting space on the first floor, “garden-level” of the library features formal and informal spaces for advising, individual and collaborative study, and related programming.
This learning space has been developed in an ongoing partnership between the library, WISCIENCE and the Office of Undergraduate Advising to facilitate innovative support for students in the life-sciences.
Apart from dedicated programming that may occur periodically, the learning commons is open to all of our library users.
Using the BioCommons
- Find comfy seating, study booths, and rolling tables (make the space work for you!)
- Reserve a space for an event or program (students, faculty and staff)
- Bookmark the WISCIENCE site for a schedule of events and ongoing services
- Visit the kiosk and help-desk to find information about advising schedules, courses, internship opportunities, and more (coming soon)
- Follow Steenbock Library on Facebook and Twitter for updates on events and new developments at the library and within the BioCommons
A community is what we make. We look forward to sharing this space with you.