What should be our next big read?
Chancellor Rebecca Blank and a review committee of campus faculty, staff and students are calling for your suggestions for the 2015-2016 common book program.
As a theme for this next year, your suggestions–either fiction or nonfiction titles–should be those that examine issues of inequality in America. Submit your recommendations, before the deadline, January 30, by completing the online form.
The ideal book selection should meet and exceed the following qualities:
- Be readable (relevant, engaging, and well-written)
- Appeal to readers with diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Encompass sufficient depth and scope to generate discussions from different points of view
- Be conducive to teaching and learning with opportunities for integration into academic programs
- Lend itself to a variety of activities and programming (maybe even an author visit!)
A running list of nominated titles can be viewed at the Go Big Read site.
Go Big Read is UW-Madison’s common book program where students, staff and the community are invited to read the same book then participate in a variety of related programs in-and-out of the classroom. Go Big Read will welcome your participation with this new title during the forthcoming academic year.
Read the Press Release!