Chancellor Rebecca Blank and a review committee of campus faculty, staff and students are calling for your suggestions for the 2014-2015 common book program.
As a theme for this next year, your suggestions–either fiction or nonfiction titles–should be those that examine issues of “service” or what it may mean “to serve” in one’s immediate or global communities. Submit your recommendations, before the deadline, February 1, by completing the online form.
The ideal book selection should meet and exceed the following qualities:
- Be readable (relevant, engaging, and well-written)
- Appeal to readers with diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Encompass sufficient depth and scope to generate discussions from different points of view
- Be conducive to teaching and learning with opportunities for integration into academic programs
- Lend itself to a variety of activities and programming (maybe even an author visit!)