Are you new to campus or do you have new staff or incoming graduate students? If so, you may wish to consult with your Steenbock library liaison to plan an orientation to library collections and services.
Steenbock librarians are happy to meet with new staff and students–be it for an individual consultation, small-group workshop, or as participant in a department welcome event. Complete a request form.
Additionally, library liaisons can provide the following services:
- Assist with library services and policies (e.g., Interlibrary Loan, UW System search and retrieval…etc.),
- Assist with customizing email alerts to keep you informed about new articles matching your topic criteria or with tables of contents to your favorite journals,
- Provide in-depth reference consultations–at our office or yours–(e.g., help with strategy and database choices, work with your citation management product…etc.),
- Supply customized instructional sessions and course Web pages for your students,
- Consult on questions related to publishing your research (e.g., identify target journals, manage copyright, measure research impact, or investigate open-access publishing options).
Or see the campus-wide libraries’ Workshops/Classes/Tours calendar.