What have you read lately that evokes that theme? An ideal book for this program will possess the following qualities:
- Be readable (relevant, engaging, and well-written)
- Appeal to individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Encompass sufficient depth and scope to generate discussions from different points of view
- Be conducive to teaching and learning with opportunities for integration into academic programs
- Lend itself to a variety of activities and programming (maybe even an author visit!)
The deadline for submitting a recommendation is Friday, February 3, 2012.
The Go Big Read Review Committee will sort through the nominations for the Chancellor’s sub-committee, which will then make the final selection.