Have you met your liaison? Summer session can be a good time to get acquainted. Steenbock liaisons serve as principal contacts for each department and program the library supports.
Library liaisons can provide the following services:
- Provide in-depth orientation for new faculty, staff, graduate students, and project and research assistants
- Assist with library services and policies (e.g., Interlibrary Loan, faculty runner cards, UW System search and retrieval…etc.)
- Customize email alerts to keep you informed about new articles matching your topic criteria or with tables of contents to your favorite journals
- Provide in-depth reference consultations–at our office or yours–(e.g., help with strategy and database choices, customize your own alerts…etc.)
- Supply customized instructional sessions and course Web pages for your students
- Consult on questions related to publishing your research (e.g., identify target journals, manage copyright, measure research impact, open access publishing options)