Undergraduate Research Awards, Apply Now!
College Library invites students to apply for its annual Undergraduate Research Awards. The awards celebrate excellence and creativity in using the library to complete an undergraduate research project.
(Examples may include a literature review for a lab study, the use of primary sources in a historical research paper, or the background research for a creative arts project).
Up to three Library Research Awards and one Research in Progress Award will be presented at the Undergraduate Symposium. (The Research in Progress Award is intended for projects that will not be completed before the award deadline).
Winners of Library Research Awards receive a cash prize of $300. The winner of the Research in Progress Award receives a cash prize of $150.
(Please note: The Financial Aid Office may need to modify your aid package if you were to receive outside aid, such as this cash prize).
The deadline to apply for the 2011 library research awards will be April 5, 2011.
How to Apply–the process:
1. Meet with a librarian or attend a drop-in information session to review and discuss your research.
2. Reflect on the various tools and strategies used to locate relevant materials.
3. Write a 600-800-word essay describing your research strategies and reflecting upon your experience–noting the successes, difficulties, and surprises you encountered.
Drop-in information sessions will be offered in the student services area on first floor (College Library) during the following days/times:
- Monday, March 7, (5:00-6:00 PM)
- Wednesday, March 23, (4:00-5:00 PM)
- Monday, April 4, (5:00-6:00 PM)