Planning is already underway for the next Go Big Read. If you have enjoyed reflecting upon the immortality of HeLa cells with this year’s selection, the Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, then we welcome you to suggest a similarly-engaging read for year three.
An ideal book will have the following qualities:
- Be readable (relevant, engaging, and well-written)
- Appeal to individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Encompass sufficient depth and scope to generate discussions from different points of view
- Be conducive to teaching and learning with opportunities for integration into academic programs
- Lend itself to a variety of activities and programming (maybe even an author visit!)
The deadline for submitting a recommendation is January 6, 2011.
The Go Big Read Review Committee will sort through the nominations on behalf of the Chancellor’s sub-committee, which will then make the final selection.
See the list of suggested titles as it grows…(updated daily!)