Have you met your liaison? Summer session can be a good time to get acquainted. Steenbock liaisons serve as principal contacts for each department and program the library supports.
Library liaisons can provide the following services:
- Provide in-depth orientation for new faculty, staff, graduate students, and project and research assistants.
- Assist with library services and policies (e.g., Library Express, faculty runner cards, UW System search and retrieval…),
- Customize email alerts to keep you informed about new articles matching your topic criteria and tables of contents of your favorite journals,
- Provide in-depth reference consultations—at our office or yours–(e.g., help with strategy and database choices, customize your own alerts…),
- Supply customized instructional sessions and course web pages for your students,
- Consult on questions related to publishing your research (e.g., identifying target journals, managing copyright, measuring research impact, open access publishing),