Today, growers in 18-19 Wisconsin counties can account for nearly 60% of the nation’s cranberry harvest.
Visit the following links to learn more about cranberry production, its contribution to the state’s economy and its versatility as a food product (recipes!).
- Cranberry Research Guide (Agnic, Steenbock Library)
There are several cookbooks available from the Steenbock collection to feature cranberries. Run a MadCat, “Words Anywhere” search to view those titles.
- 2008 Wisconsin Agricultural Statistics (see page 45)
- Cranberry Forecast (for 2009), NASS USDA
- Facts for Features (Thanksgiving), US Census Bureau
Wisconsin Cranberry Industry:
- Wisconsin’s Cranberry Harvest, 2009 brochure
- Wisconsin Cranberry Crop Management Library (UW Horticulture)
United States Cranberry Industry: