If you have enjoyed sinking your teeth into Go Big Read’s inaugural title, In Defense of Food then now is the time, and your opportunity, to suggest a good read for year two!
An ideal book selection will have the following qualities:
- Be readable (relevant, engaging, and well-written)
- Appeal to individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Encompass sufficient depth and scope to generate discussions from different points of view
- Be conducive to teaching and learning with opportunities for integration into academic programs
- Lend itself to a variety of activities and programming (maybe even an author visit!)
The tentative deadline for submitting a recommendation is November 18 (although this deadline may be extended).
The Go Big Read Steering Committee will sort through the nominations for the Chancellor’s sub-committee, who will then make the final selection. (Incidentally, In Defense of Food was selected from among nearly 400 nominated titles).