Do you have new staff or incoming graduate students? If so, you may wish to consult with your Steenbock library liaison to plan an orientation to library collections and services.
Steenbock librarians are happy to meet with your new staff and students–be it an individual consultation, small-group workshop, or participant in a department welcome event.
Additionally, your library liaison can provide the following services:
- Assist with understanding library services and policies (e.g., Library Express, faculty runner cards, UW System search and retrieval…),
- Customize email alerts to keep you informed about new articles matching your topic criteria and tables of contents of your favorite journals,
- Provide in-depth reference consultations—our office or yours–(e.g., help with strategy and database choices, customize your own alerts…),
- Supply customized instructional sessions and course web pages for students (e.g, hands-on training in using specific databases in your subject area, cited reference searching, evaluating websites),
- Verify citations,
- Assist with purchase requests or recommendations,
- Consult on questions related to publishing your research (e.g., identifying target journals, managing copyright, measuring research impact, open access publishing).