Culture of Sharing Forum (April 12)
UW-Madison Libraries are sponsoring a student forum on issues related to Web technologies, copyright, and open access–essentially, how and why it all matters. Come hear keynote speaker Nelson Pavlosky, activist with Students for Free Culture, and participate in breakout sessions.
Breakout sessions include:
- Remixes and mash-ups: YouTube, sampling and legal repurposing
- Peer-to-peer file sharing: What CAN you do?
- Sharing your work: including open access publishing options
- Open source: sharing programming solutions
- Digital rights management: DRM in CDs, DVDs, iTunes and more
Closing session will be facilitated by Gavin Baker, co-founder of Florida Free Culture. The forum will be held, Saturday, April 12 (3:00-6:00 PM) at the Memorial Union. For more information, visit the forum site: