Papers for Mac or Windows is a citation manager focused on helping researchers “collect and curate” research material.
- A Papers 3 license entitles you to use Papers 2 for Mac, Papers 3 for Mac, and Papers 1.5 for Windows
- You can activate up to three computers at a time
- Licenses can be used with both Papers for Mac and Papers for Windows
- Papers for Windows syncs with Papers for Mac and Papers for iOS
- Papers 3: Mac OS X Lion and above
- Papers 2: Mac OS X Snow Leopard and above
- Papers 1.5: Microsoft Windows XP or later
- Papers iOS: iOS 6 and above, 2nd Gen iPad, iPhone 4 or newer
Customizing Papers for UW-Madison
For Windows and Mac
- Click SETTINGS (PC) or Preferences (Mac), the select ACCESS
- For Link Resolver(OpenURL), add the following URL: http://uw-primo.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com/openurl/WISC/wisc_services_page
- Macs do not have the Link Resolver functionality yet, so Mac users can skip this part
- In the LIBRARY Proxy box, type the following URL: http://ezproxy.library.wisc.edu/login?url=%@
See the Papers customization site for more information.
Note: Papers 3 for Windows version 3.0.27 is the first time where they offer support for the OpenURL link resolver and the current implementation may not still work in all cases. Papers staff continue to expand the support for different OpenURLs.
- In the sidebar, tap SETTINGS then scroll down to the PROXY SETTINGS area
- In the PROXY SETTINGS box, enter: http://ezproxy.library.wisc.edu/login?url=%@
While searching within Papers, if you encounter a journal website that is access-restricted, tap the address bar to invoke an action pop-up.
- Tap LOGIN/AUTHENTICATE
- Papers Login/Authenticate pop-up
- On the Libraries’ Remote Access to Library Resources page, tap LOGIN WITH YOUR NETID
See the Papers for iOS customization site for more information.
Help from Papers