Lost book or mutilation charges cannot be appealed. Lost items remain the property of the University of Wisconsin-Madison and must be returned if eventually found.
If you lose a book, you can pay a replacement fee or pay for a replacement copy. Some things to note:
- If you choose to pay the replacement fee, you can be reimbursed this fee if the original item is located, provided you are currently affiliated with the University.
- If you choose to get a replacement copy, you cannot be reimbursed if the original is found, nor will the replacement copy be returned to you.
NOTE: WE WILL NOT CANCEL LOST BOOK FEES FOR ITEMS THAT ARE SUBSEQUENTLY RETURNED IF WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF OR HAVE ALREADY REPLACED THE ORIGINAL.
Some other considerations with getting a replacement copy:
- The replacement copy must be an exact duplicate of the original; same edition, International Standard Book Number (ISBN), etc.
- If an exact duplicate cannot be found, the selector may agree to a different edition. You must obtain this approval prior to purchasing the replacement. Contact the Circulation Office (contact information below) to determine the appropriate selector.
- If the replacement copy is a paperback but the original was a hard cover copy, an additional binding fee may be assessed.
Questions? Contact the UW-Madison Libraries Circulation Office in Memorial Library at (608) 263-7360, Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-noon, 1-4:00 p.m, or by email.