Contribute to the campus conversation around scholarly publishing by hosting a satellite event for the Spring 2016 Scholarly Publishing Series. Satellite events focus on any aspect of scholarly publishing of interest to a particular community.
Targeted groups might include:
- those about to complete and deposit a dissertation
- established faculty interested in supporting open access publishing
- scholars from a particular discipline interested in reviewing their publishing options
- individuals interested in non-textual publishing
- researchers publishing work funded by agencies with public access requirements
- academic staff supporting creation and dissemination of educational content
- and so on.
How to participate
With the support of the University of Wisconsin-Madison Libraries and the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research and Graduate Education we are offering grants of less than $1000 to support campus units in developing and hosting the satellite events. Events or programs may be aimed either at campus-wide or discipline-specific groups. Organizers are strongly encouraged to supplement this funding with other sources of support.
In addition to funding support, we will be developing promotional materials around the series and will coordinate cross-promotion of satellite events. Events that do not require financial sponsorship are still encouraged to submit proposals/information in order to be incorporated into the series.
Proposals will be accepted and evaluated on a rolling basis. To guarantee consideration, however, proposals should be submitted by January 15.
To Submit a Proposal
- Name and contact information for organizer(s)
- Name of hosting department(s)/unit(s)
- Proposed date/time/location of event (please indicate if these are firm or estimates)
- Intended audience and anticipated size of the audience
- Proposed budget and information about matching funds (if asking for funding support)
- One paragraph description of proposed event
- Any additional information
For more information about the events or the application process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.