What’s new with the UW-Libraries’ Charity Knitting & Crocheting group?
The UW-Libraries’ Charity Knitting & Crocheting group took the opportunity to show off their finished projects from last semester through the summer at Wednesday’s meeting on the Terrace. A total of seventeen scarves were created for donation to Handmade Especially for You, a local shelter for abused women.
Ellen Jacks, the knitting and crocheting group’s organizer, announced that the project for this fall will be a blanket to be donated locally through Warm Up America. The group members will be making 7”x9” rectangles to be joined together into one large blanket. If you’d like to participate, you are welcome to join the group at Memorial Union Terrace (Wednesdays 12:00-1:00pm, 2nd and 4th Fridays of the month 5:00pm-?), or send completed rectangles to Ellen at 262A Memorial. Machine washable yarn is preferred with little or no wool content. If you need inspiration, visit Warm Up America’s website for simple crochet and knitting patterns for the rectangles: http://www.warmupamerica.org/node/68
If you’re not so creatively inclined or just don’t have much time, you can still help out! The Charity Knitting & Crocheting group is looking for donations of needles and hooks. Feel free to drop them off at Ellen’s office or stop by the Terrace during one of the sessions to deliver your donation and ogle some creations in progress.
At a glance:
- What? UW-Libraries’ Charity Knitting & Crocheting group
- When? Wednesdays 12:00-1:00pm, 2nd and 4th Fridays of the month 5:00pm-?
- Where? Memorial Union Terrace (rain location: Lakefront on Langdon); as weather cools, location will likely be moving to Memorial Commons
- Why? To work on creating a beautiful blanket for Warm Up America!
- “Like” the group’s Facebook page for more information, including knitting/crocheting patterns and updates on meetings and projects
- Questions? Contact Ellen Jacks: email@example.com