Mills Music Library now offering Library by Appointment
Make an appointment to browse our print collections, or to use materials from the Wisconsin Music Archives or any of our Special Collections. You may check out circulating audiovisual materials from Mills; all circulating print materials are checked out at the Memorial Library Circulation Desk. Circulating materials from Mills remain available to request for Pickup by Appointment. Access to Mills Music Library via Library by Appointment is limited currently to UW-Madison faculty, staff, and graduate students.
Before scheduling an appointment, faculty and PIs must request return to on-campus research by completing the Phase 2 Research Reboot request form. Faculty and PIs must also complete the request form on behalf of their graduate students who need access to library spaces for research, as noted in the Phase 2 Research Reboot request form FAQs. Once an appointment has been scheduled, return to the request form and change the status of the Research Reboot Proposal (question 6) to “approved”.
Before your visit
- For the safety of library staff and researchers, only four researchers will be allowed in the library at a time.
- To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, face masks or face coverings are required to enter. In addition, we request that you practice physical distancing of six feet apart.
- Appointments must be made 24 hours in advance. If you’d like to view materials from the Wisconsin Music Archives, or any of our Special Collections, please contact us in advance.
- Appointments are available Tuesday – Thursday 9:00 – Noon: 9:00, 9:30, 10:00, 10:30; 2 appointments per entry time. Please arrive promptly for your scheduled appointment time. Mills Music Library closes for this service at noon.
- Do not travel to the library if you have not received a confirmation email from us. If you are not feeling well, please respect everyone’s safety and email our staff to cancel or reschedule your appointment.
The library will have limited staff available onsite, so not all building services are supported. Please visit the COVID-19 Library Restart Dashboard for the most up-to-date information.
During your appointment, supported services include:
- Check-out of materials
- View materials in reading room
- Onsite research assistance
- Paging of materials
- Limited self-service scanning (including use of mobile devices)
At this time, we are NOT able to support:
- Printing services
- Copy machines
- Computing support
- Microfilm access
- Duplication services by staff
How to schedule an appointment for visiting Mills Music Library
You will receive an email message confirming your appointment that includes library specific information and instructions. Please plan on bringing your own laptop or tablet to avoid use of public computers.
Please don’t come to the library without an appointment. We must ensure we are meeting physical distancing guidelines, and are working carefully to ensure scheduled times allow for minimal contact for all involved.
If you have questions during this process or can’t make your appointment contact Mills Music Library.
The day of your visit
Please follow these directions:
- Bring your Wiscard so that you may enter the building and check out materials.
- Use the front entrance of Memorial Library, located at 728 State Street, across from The University Book Store.
- Enter the library and check in at the Welcome Desk. Staff will confirm that you have an appointment and direct you into the library.
- Proceed to Mills Music Library, located on the lower level. A staff member will meet you at the front entrance of Mills Music Library.
- Parking near Memorial Library is available on Langdon Street, in the Lake Street Ramp (415 N. Lake St.) and at College Library (600 N. Park St.).