These are instructions specifically for connecting to the printer in the Memorial Library Graduate Study Room (Room 464). There are other instructions for connecting to other Library printers.
Using Windows 7, 8, 10
- Ensure you are connected to the campus wireless network.
- Open Windows Explorer.
- In the address bar, type
and hit Enter.
- A list of printers should appear. Locate MEM_B&W_GRADSPACE. Right click on it and select Connect…
The printer should begin installing. You may be prompted to install a printer driver. If so, click Install Driver.
- The printer should eventually finish installing. Make sure to select it when printing.
Use your NetID and NetID password if asked using this format:
YOUR NETID PASSWORD
Mac OS 10.10 and above
You must be logged into the campus wireless in order to connect to and use these campus printers.
Click on the Apple menu and select System Preferences.
Click on the Printers and Scanners button located in the Hardware section.
Printers and Scanners may be Print and Fax in older operating systems.
Click on the Plus Sign located under the list of printers to add a new printer:
Note that you may need to click the lock in the lower left and enter your admin password to unlock the add printer button.
Select the IP tab and configure the printer as follows:
- Protocol: Line Printer Daemon – LPD
- Address: goprint.doit.wisc.edu
- Queue:MEM_B&W_GradSpace for 4th floor Grad Space printer
- Name/Location: Memorial Printer (or type whatever you prefer)
- Print Using: Generic Postscript Printer