- Six faculty members, three each from the humanities and social sciences and no more than one from any department, appointed to staggered three year terms by the chancellor. Nominations are to be obtained from all deans of colleges and schools having faculty members in the humanities or social sciences. The deans’ nominations shall be made in consultation with their academic planning committees. The chancellor’s selections shall reflect the patterns of library use and shall be reviewed with the University Committee.
- One faculty member appointed for a one year renewable term by the chancellor with appropriate regard to divisional representation.
- Two academic staff members appointed by the chancellor for one-year renewable terms after consultation with the Academic Staff Executive Committee.
- One faculty member from the University Library Committee selected by the University Library Committee to serve for a one year renewable term as liaison.
- Two students, one graduate and one undergraduate, appointed to one year renewable terms.
- Five non-voting members from the Memorial Library staff: the Director, and representatives for collection development, circulation, reference, and rare books.
- Reviews and advises the Memorial Library Administration on policies related to collection development, collection evaluation, and bibliographic activities, especially in the humanities, social sciences, and general reference.
- Advises the Memorial Library Administration on other major policy issues concerning, inter alia, staffing levels, budget, automation, and user regulations. Significant gift collections, special fund-raising efforts, major building and space remodeling projects, and major appointments are some of the items upon which the committee should be consulted.
- Responds to the concerns of faculty, staff and students who use Memorial Library.
- Receives regular reports on Memorial Library operations.
The committee description and list of functions originated with the Faculty Senate.