- The Center for Limnology Library is a NON-CIRCULATING library.
- All UW campus affiliates and visitors are welcome to use our materials in the library, however, they cannot be taken out of the building.
- General campus users/visitors may not check out materials
- Center for Limnology faculty, staff, graduate students, and post-doc researchers may check out materials for use in the building (see instructions below).
- A scanning station is available to users with a wisc.edu email address.
CFL Affiliate Checkout Instructions
- All items taken out of the library must be checked out!
- Items may be kept as long as they are needed, however, please be considerate of your colleagues and return items as soon as you are finished with them.
- A librarian may contact you to confirm that items checked out for more than 1 academic term are still in your possession.
- All items must be returned before you leave your appointment at the CFL.
For barcoded items only (books, theses, maps)
- If you don’t already have one, contact a librarian to get a checkout system user ID.
- At the checkout station (computer behind the printer), log into the checkout system with your user ID.
- Scan or type in an item’s barcode and click “Add book.” Repeat for additional items.
- When you’ve finished adding items, click “Finish checkout.”
- Checked out items appear in the “Books out” list; use this list to determine the whereabouts of items that are not on the shelf.
For items without barcodes (reprints, journals, government docs)
- Fill out a checkout card from the box on the librarians’ desk.
- File the completed card in the same box (alphabetically by author last name or journal title).