Founded in 1958, the Big Ten Academic Alliance (BTAA) (formerly known as the CIC) is an academic consortium consisting of the Big Ten (now totaling 15 schools since June 2014) institutions and the University of Chicago.
The institutions listed below agree to provide reciprocal borrowing privileges to current faculty, emeritus faculty, students, and staff at the other Big Ten Academic Alliance (BTAA) Center for Library Initiatives member libraries. Borrowers must present an institutional ID. If the institutional ID is not a photo ID, a second photo ID may be required. The libraries agree to provide borrowing through this agreement according to local circulation policies for guest borrowers.
UW-Madison faculty, emeritus faculty, staff, graduate students, undergraduate students, and post-baccalaureate professional students may use other BTAA collections through the reciprocal borrowing program. To access other BTAA institutions, UW-Madison affiliates must present their Wiscard and login to the BTAA Reciprocal Borrowing Application (using valid netid/password) at the site of the the institution they’d like to have in-house or borrowing privileges.
- Indiana University Libraries
- Michigan State University Libraries
- Northwestern University Library
- Ohio State University Libraries
- Pennsylvania State University Libraries
- Purdue University Libraries
- Rutgers University
- University of Chicago Library
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Library
- University of Iowa Libraries
- University of Maryland
- University of Michigan Library
- University of Minnesota Libraries
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln Libraries
- University of Wisconsin – Madison