The Frank Thayer Alcove is the Journalism Reading Room’s group study space. It is set up to create a collaborative work environment for classes, group study sessions, meetings, and presentations. The room contains:
- 3 conference tables
- 15 chairs
- 32-inch wide screen monitor
- Mac Mini (with SPSS)
- Digital camera connected to Mac Mini for recording focus groups or video conferencing
Anyone using the Alcove may also connect their laptop to the wide screen monitor. For assistance, please ask at the circulation desk.
Reserving the Frank Thayer Alcove
- Fill out the Alcove Reservation Form.
- Walk-in use of the Alcove is permitted if it is not currently in use or reserved.
- All UW students and faculty/staff of the Journalism department are welcome to use the Alcove.