Finding a Specific Article
Individual articles are not indexed in the library catalog, but you can locate the journal title from the citation you are using.
Locate the Journal
- In the Libraries website, select Journals from the drop-down menu by the search box, then click on Citation Search. Add the journal title to the search box and hit Enter or Return on your keyboard to search. If you prefer, you can enter a DOI or Pubmed ID instead of the title.
- Locate your journal title from the available options and click the title to view options. Under Online Access, select the database that includes the year from your citation.
Access the Article
- Locate your article by either browsing for your volume and issue, or by searching for the article title within the database’s journal record page.
- Once you locate an article record:
- look for the full text version: PDF, HMTL, or Linked
- If there is not full text version, select Find It at UW-Madison
- If full text is unavailable:
- you may select “Look for Print and Other Formats in the Library Catalog” to search for a print version of the journal
- Or select “Request a Copy” to request an electronic copy via Interlibrary Loan