Finding a Specific Article
Individual articles are not indexed in the library catalog, but you can locate the journal title from the citation you are using.
Locate the Journal
Starting from the UW-Madison Libraries’ homepage, select Journals from the drop-down menu above the search box, then select Citation Search. Add the journal title to the search box and hit Enter or Return on your keyboard to search. If you prefer, you can enter a DOI or Pubmed ID instead of the title.
- Locate your journal title from the available options and select the title to view options. Under Online Access, select the database that includes the year from your citation.
Access the Article
- Locate your article by either browsing for your volume and issue, or by searching for the article title within the database’s journal record page.
- Once you locate an article record:
- look for the full text version: PDF, HMTL, or Linked
- If there is not full text version, select Find It at UW-Madison
- If full text is unavailable:
- you may select “Look for Print and Other Formats in the Library Catalog” to search for a print version of the journal – (During this time, print books are still not available, but some of these books are available temporarily in ebook form.)
- Or select “Request a Copy” to request an electronic copy via Interlibrary Loan