Tips to Avoid Library Charges

  • Campus libraries have varying loan policies. Be familiar with the loan policies of the library you intend to use.
  • Occasionally check your Library Catalog Account to see what items are shown as being checked out to you.
  • You can request a receipt upon returning your library materials to a circulation desk. In some cases this receipt will be handwritten due to the nature of some of our materials. This is the best way of proving that items were returned.
  • If you ever have any questions about an item on your record or you receive a notice in error, contact the Circulation Office immediately.

If you have a question, or receive an overdue notice and want to discuss it with someone, contact the UW-Madison Libraries Circulation Office in Memorial Library at (608) 263-7360, Monday-Friday 8 a.m. – noon and 1-4 p.m. or by email.

For State Historical Society overdue charges email