Office Delivery of Library Materials
COVID-19 Update Office Delivery of Library Materials
This service is currently suspended. Requested items must be picked up at the main entrance of Memorial Library on weekdays from 12-4 p.m.
This update supersedes other information on this page until future notice.
UW-Madison Libraries are pleased to offer office delivery of library materials to all campus faculty and staff.
- Available to all UW-Madison faculty and staff with a campus address or mailbox.
- Service includes all UW items with standard loan policies (most books and AV materials) and Interlibrary Loan (ILL) items with due dates longer than 2 weeks.
- Excluded items include microfilm/fiche, items requiring special handling, and items that can’t fit into an inter-departmental envelope.
- Items can take up to a week to arrive – if you need an item quickly, please visit the library directly to get the item.
- All items can be returned to any open-return campus library.
- You are responsible for the item from the time it is checked out to you until it is received back at UW-Madison Libraries – you will be fined for lost items.
Questions about this service can be directed to John Noyd at Memorial Library.
How to Request Items for Office Delivery
Law Users: If you are affiliated with the Law School, please continue to submit requests for Office Delivery to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Using the UW-System Library Catalog
- Find a desired item in the catalog and click the ‘Place a Request’ link under the ‘Physical Availability’ heading.
- Log in with your NetID.
- Choose ‘Campus Office Delivery’ from the ‘Pickup Location’ drop down menu.
- Make sure your campus address appears correctly in the box that appears – change it if necessary.
- If your campus address is not correct, you will need to contact your department’s HR office to permanently change it.
- The requested item will be sent to your campus address via campus mail and typically arrives within 2-3 business days of request.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Requests
- Log in to your ILL account.
- Choose the option to ‘Change Pickup Library and Verify Email Address’ under the ‘Review My Account Information’ heading.
- Select ‘Campus Office Delivery’ from the drop-down menu.
- Click the ‘Submit Information’ button to make the change permanent for your account – now any physical items you request via ILL will go to your campus address.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is this service only for faculty and staff?
Campus Libraries are hoping to extend office delivery services to anyone with a campus address in the future. For now, the service is being offered to faculty and staff to give the Libraries time to learn how the service will affect circulation workflows and adjust accordingly.
my campus address is not correct in my library catalog account. do i have to re-enter it every time i make a request?
Your campus address is pulled into the Library Catalog Account from MyUW. Changes made in your Library Catalog Account will not directly make changes in MyUW. To permanently correct your campus address, you will need to contact your department’s Human Resources Office. Otherwise, you will have to re-enter your correct campus address for each library request.
This service is brought to you by Wisconsin TechSearch.