Strategic Planning Goal 6 – Services in a Networked Environment
Goal 6: Expand capacity for providing library services in a networked environment
Metric: Increase in user satisfaction
- Develop strategies to more closely integrate library services into campus and consortial programs
What has been accomplished
- The Libraries have contributed to the BTAA vision for next-generation discovery to delivery and are actively engaged with working with vendors to see that vision realized.
- The Libraries migrated to a new Library Services Platform and provide support for integrations with campus enterprise systems on behalf of all UW System libraries.
- The Libraries are participating in several grant proposals which involve integrating the Digital Library infrastructure with external services (BTAA GeoPortal, GeoData@Wisconsin), or leveraging our infrastructure in direct support of campus partners (Chazen Museum/Mellon, Digital Maximum Project).
- Participated in the development of the Digital Public Library of America via Recollections Wisconsin, a regional service hub of DPLA. UW-Madison built and maintains the OAI harvester used to aggregate and make available to DPLA the data feeds coming from Recollections Wisconsin partners.
- Canvas Integration: With the campus implementation of Canvas as the sole Learning Management System, Libraries’ Teaching and Learning Programs proactively worked to provide Reserve materials and instructional/research materials within the LMS environment. Reserve Reading Lists and Research Guides were tested, approved, and implemented via collaboration with DoIT. Robust usage of both integrations has been measured. Also, Librarians advocated for and received a “Librarian” role to facilitate true instructional collaboration within courses in the LMS.