Note that this page can be reached directly at go.wisc.edu/RethinkingLibraries
Interested in providing input on our consolidation planning process?
What is library consolidation?
- Identification of a service model that provides the same or better library services with the same or fewer resources.
- Consolidation of print resources – fewer circulation points – improvement of delivery services.
- Repurposed spaces to meet campus needs today.
- Align staff resources to service priorities (strategic goals).
- Consolidation will require additional investment.
Committee charge – November 2014
Stakeholders and Shared Governance Groups
- Academic Staff Assembly
- Associated Students of Madison
- Classified Congress
- Faculty Senate
- University Library Committee
Working Group Committee Members
- Ed Van Gemert – Project Sponsor/Co-lead
- Lesley Moyo – co lead
- Assemble working group:
- Ariel Andrea, GLS, Chemistry
- Phillip Braithwaite, Office of VC, ULC
- Deborah Helman, Engineering, Wendt
- Dave Luke, Technology, GLS
- Kathryn Maloney, GLS, Steenbock
- Lesley Moyo, GLS
- Travis Warwick, GLS, Math
- Heather Weltin, GLS
- Natasha Veeser – Communications
- Darin Harris, George Watson – Office of Quality Improvement