March 1, 2012
University Library Committee Minutes
Thursday, March 1, 2012
Booske, Braithwaite, Britland, Broman, Chapin, Harris, Jasper, Lazenby, Pfotenhauer, Weimer
Helman, Hoisington, Kruse, Null, Owens, Rader, Schneider, Wettleson
- Approve February 2, 2012 ULC minutes.
- Minutes were approved with corrections
- Japser introduced Professor William Aylward. Aylward is the chair of the Library Director search committee. Aylward discussed the work that search committee has been doing. The committee has met three and is focusing on writing the PVL. There was an active question and answer period. Aylward encourage ULC to get any concerns or recommendations that they might have regarding the PLV to him in the next couple of weeks.
- Resolution proposed by Harris “New director of libraries should have voting authority on the Deans Council."
- Motion to accept resolution made by Weimer, seconded by Booske, motion approved by voice vote
- Resolution will be sent to Jasper to give to Aylward.
- 1:25 pm meeting adjourned.
Resolution to Library Director Search & Screen Committee Submitted by the University Library Committee 03/01/2012
WHEREAS the UW–Madison Libraries are fundamental to the success and research stature of the University of Wisconsin; and
WHEREAS the UW–Madison Libraries are essential to supporting the teaching and research missions of the University of Wisconsin; and
WHEREAS faculty and student success, academic research capacity, and productivity depends on a strong UW–Madison Library system; and
WHEREAS the UW–Madison Libraries are vital to the ability of UW–Madison to attract and retain researchers; therefore:
BE IT RESOLVED that the University Library Committee recommends to the Library Director Search & Screen Committee that
The new director of the libraries should have voting authority on the Dean’s Council.
University Library Committee Members:
Cynthia Jasper, Chair
Non-voting library staff
Ed Van Gemert