Why Use the E-Journal List?
- Quick access via Find It to more than 26,000 e-journals, magazines, newsletters and newspapers
- Search for e-journals by title words or browse A-Z lists
- Browse e-journals by subject
- Browse e-journals by publisher/provider (list of these vendors in "More Options")
- These e-journals are also accessible through the Library Catalog
- Looking for articles on a topic? Use the databases and indexes in the E-Resource Gateway to do that type of searching
What's Included in the List?
- Full-text e-journals only -- not just tables of contents and/or abstracts
- More than 26,000 e-journals, magazines, newsletters and newspapers, most of which are licensed by the UW Libraries for UW-Madison students, faculty and staff access (although some are free and open to anyone)
- Titles available as part of a collection or database (e.g. Lexis/Nexis)
- Titles available from many publishers/providers (listed by vendor in More Options)
What if I Can't Find the Title or Issues I Want?
- Some journals are available only in print format in campus libraries
- Some electronic journals do not include older issues online. In some cases, the UW Libraries may not have an active subscription to an e-journal. You can check the Library Catalog for print journals
- The UW Libraries may not have the article or journal you need but you can use interlibrary loan/document delivery to get it
- You can always Ask a Librarian about the availability of your item
How May I Submit a Request To the Libraries To Subscribe to an E-Journal?
Please fill out a purchase recommendation form and we will consider your request.Jump to top
Who Pays for E-Journals?
- Subscriptions to e-journals are paid for by UW-Madison Libraries or, in some cases, with UW-System shared funds
- Others are free on the Internet or on a trial basis
Who Can Use The E-Journals?
- Our licensed e-journals are authorized for use by the UW-Madison community. Authorized users include current faculty, staff, and students at UW-Madison and members of the general public who use the workstations provided in campus libraries. Access is restricted to UW-Madison IP addresses only (including WiscWorld access and library off-campus online access).
- Anyone may use the e-journals which are freely available on the Internet