Follow these steps to have a book or media item delivered to the campus library of your choice and receive an email notification when it’s ready for pickup. Some restrictions may apply.
To request a UW-Madison or UW System item
- Find the item in the Library Catalog and display its record.
- Click on Sign in to Place Request or Place Request.
(More information on Place Requests. If you do not have a NetID, use your MyMadCat account instead.)
- Using the dropdown menu, choose a library where you wish to pick up the item.
- Click on Place Request.
Didn’t find it in the Library Catalog? Then try to request it from another library.
- Search for the item in Uborrow. (More information on UBorrow)
- Click on Request. If you haven’t logged in to the Interlibrary Loan system, do so now.
- Fill in any additional fields as needed and submit the request.
Still didn’t find it? Then either search WorldCat, or fill out an Interlibrary Loan form.
- To avoid typing in information about your book, search it in WorldCat and click on Request a Copy. If you haven’t logged in, enter your NetID or 11-digit ID number and last name.
- Or, login to your Interlibrary Loan account and select Request a Book or Other Loan and fill in the appropriate fields.
Questions? Ask a Librarian for assistance.
|Typical delivery if the item is:||Time|
|Owned by UW System||1-4 Days|
|Owned by CIC Libraries (Uborrow)||3-7 Days|
|Other locations||1-3 weeks|