Includes Beloit College, MATC and Edgewood faculty, staff & students, some visiting scholars, city/county/state employees, Wisconsin public school K-12 educators, spouse/domestic partner/child of UW-Madison faculty, staff or student, etc.
If you have questions or would like more information, contact the Circulation Office in Memorial Library at (608) 263-7360, Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-noon or 1-4 p.m., or via email.
Courtesy card holders use the card issued to borrow UW-Madison materials and have the following library privileges:
- On-site library access
- Borrow UW-Madison materials – see loan periods at right
- Place Requests to have physical copies delivered to the campus library of your choice
- Renew materials
- Access to databases, full-text, and other digital resources ON campus
- On-campus guest wireless access
- Fee-based services
The following services are NOT available:
- Borrow UW System materials
- UBorrow and Interlibrary Loan
- Access to UW-Madison licensed online resources from off campus
- Distance services
Obtaining a card
- Applications may be made at the Card Application Desk located in the lobby of Memorial Library.
- Proof of affiliation from the home institution and photo ID (with current address information) are required.
- Faculty sponsored by a UW-Madison department must also provide a letter of sponsorship from the UW-Madison department. The letter must be written on department stationery, state that the department takes responsibility for all overdue/lost book charges, include dates of authorization, and be signed by the chair.
- All overdue charges and lost book fines must be paid before the card will be issued or renewed.
- All General Library System cards are valid through June 30th of the current fiscal year. Card renewals begin on June 1st each year.