Includes Wisconsin residents (not covered elsewhere)
If you have questions or would like more information, contact the Circulation Office in Memorial Library at (608) 263-7360, Monday-Friday 8:00 AM-4:00 PM, or via email.
Annual fee card holders use the card issued to borrow UW-Madison materials and have the following library privileges:
- On-site library access
- Borrow UW-Madison materials – see loan periods at right
- Place Requests to have physical copies delivered to the campus library of your choice
- Renew materials
- Access to databases, full-text, and other digital resources ON campus
- On-campus guest wireless access
- Fee-based services
The following services are NOT available:
- Borrow UW System materials
- UBorrow and Interlibrary Loan
- Access to UW-Madison licensed online resources from off campus
- Distance services
Obtaining a card
- Annual fee amount: Age 62 or under – $40.00; Over age 62 – $20.00
- Patrons must present a current photo ID, along with two forms of ID with current residency information. A Wisconsin Driver’s license can serve as both the photo ID and one form of address verification
- Applications may be made at the Card Application Desk located in the lobby of Memorial Library.
- Visa, Mastercard, or checks are accepted at the Card Application Desk. Cash is only accepted during the hours of 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Monday-Friday
- All overdue charges and lost book fines must be paid before the card will be issued or renewed.
- All General Library System cards are valid through June 30th of the current fiscal year. Card renewals begin on June 1st each year.